A fresh coating of snow is good news for snowmobile enthusiasts. Whether you're a newcomer to the hobby, or have been carving fresh tracks for years, there are a number of precautions you need to take to make sure you get home to enjoy a hot cup of hot chocolate after the ride.Use these tips to put safety into action - and have a great time:
• Do not use alcohol or drugs – before or during – snowmobiling.
• Operate at safe and reasonable speeds – driving within the limits of the machine and your ability.
• Remember the rules of the road. Always travel on the right-hand side of the trail and adhere to trail signage.
• Stay on trails and in areas where snowmobiling is permitted.
• Use extra caution when riding during the evening or night.
• Become familiar with the snowmobile you ride.
• Keep your snowmobile properly maintained. Read more snowmobile safety tips HERE